HerMa Conference OPEN CALL
The Heritage Management Organization (HERITΛGE) is pleased to announce the 5th International Conference on Heritage Management. The HerMa Conference will take place at the Technopolis City of Athens from 21 to 23 September 2018.
- The conference is free for all members. Become a member by visiting the Registration link.
- Membership fees and benefits are explained here.
- For more information please send email to: HerMa@HeritageManagement.org
The year 2018 marks significant cultural events worldwide. The HERITΛGE in conjunction with the Athens 2018 World Book Capital, the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and the National Inventory of Intangible Cultural Heritage is celebrating this milestone and brings together universities, institutions and organizations involved in the Heritage Management sector. It is with great pleasure to invite you to join the 5th HerMa Conference, a fertile ground for the exchange of new ideas and practices under the general Umbrella Theme for 2018 and 2019: Traditional and Local Knowledge as Heritage. In 2018 Sweden is the Honoured Country with the support of the Swedish Institute at Athens.
- Theoretical Issues: Traditional and Local Knowledge. Arts, Crafts, Culinary Traditions, Imagery, Orality as cultural constructs
- Legal Issues: Legal and non-legal aspects to traditional and local knowledge
- Heritage Futures
- Local Communities: Intangible heritage, local practices and institutional management: controversies, synergies and sustainability
- Advanced Heritage Technologies – Digital Heritage
Keynote Speakers / 2018: Sweden as an Honoured Country
- Cornelius Holtorf, Heritage Futures I Archaeology, School of Cultural Sciences, Linnaeus University.
- Neel Kamal Chapagain, Associate Professor and Director, Centre for Heritage Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, India.
- Stavroula-Villy Fotopoulou, Director of Modern Cultural Heritage Directorate, General Directorate of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage, Hellenic Ministry of Culture & Sports.
- Evanthis Hatzivassiliou, Professor of Post-war History, Department of History and Archaeology, University of Athens.
- Donald Kunze, Professor of Architecture and Integrative Arts at Penn State University.
- Maria-Daphne Papadopoulou, LL.M. mult Head of the Legal Department of the Hellenic Copyright Organization.
- Ioanna Tzavara, Cultural Management, Directorate of Modern Cultural Heritage, Hellenic Ministry of Culture & Sports.
During the 3-day HerMa Conference a series of Side Events is organized with varius collaborators such as the Music Library of Greece “Lilian Voudouri” – The Friends of Music Society, Heterotopia, Mobics, Mentor in Greece cultural organization and Chorus.
With anticipation for your support and participation,
The Organising Committee